HGST Ultrastar HE8 8TB HDD delivers the world’s first hermetically sealed, helium hard drive, the Ultrastar® He8 for massive scale-out envi- ronments. Why does helium make a di erence? Helium has only one-seventh the density of air. Replacing air with helium inside a hard drive dramatically reduces the turbulence caused by the spinning disks, cuts power consumption and results in a lower temperature within the disk drive.
The reduction in turbulence for the spinning disk allows HGST to deliver a seven-disk design in a traditional 3.5-inch form factor. In addition to being the world’s first helium-filled hard drive, HGST Ultrastar He6 is also the first hard drive in the industry to o er a 6-terabyte capacity. This design provides a 50% capacity gain and still reduces the energy needed to run the drive by up to 23%.
World’s first helium-filled hard drive
Industry-first 8TB capacity in a standard
3.5-inch form factor
HelioSeal® process and 7StacTM design are keys to hermetically sealed drive with higher capacity
TCOptimized design delivers on key elements of data center TCO: capacity, power, cooling and storage density
SATA 6Gb/s models for configuration flexibility
Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) options for HDD-level data security
High-density data centers
Massive scale-out data centers
Containerized data centers
Nearline storage applications
Enterprise and data center applications where density and capacity are paramount.
- 8TB Capacity, 7200RPM Rotation Speed, 128MB Cache,SATA III 6.0Gb/s, Enterprise Grade, Heavy Duty
- 3.5″ Internal Hard Drive, SATA III 6.0Gb/s, Designed for 24/7 reliable operation
- Works for PC, Mac, RAID, NAS, CCTV DVR
- Passed Factory Diagnostic Software + RE-CERTIFIED by State-of-the-Art software – Full “Sector-by-Sector” test to ensure best HDD quality! ZERO Bad Sectors!
- 3 Years Warranty from Reseller, Worry Free Return! 100% Full Refund