The FreeNAS Mini is designed to give customers what they need — more storage. Storage consumption is increasing exponentially, and consumers are storing all manners of data now: movies, TV shows, music, photos, home videos, and security camera footage. Users need a safe and reliable place to store that content and the FreeNAS Mini provides a simple solution to fulfill those needs. The FreeNAS Mini runs the world’s most popular and reliable storage operating system, FreeNAS. Whether you are a content creator or a media consumer, the FreeNAS Mini provides a long-term solution for your storage needs and can scale as your needs increase.
- High scalability, up to 24TB of uncompressed storage across 4 drive bays
- Up to 32GB of ECC DDR SDRAM
- Tool-less drive installation
- Quiet design for use in many environments
- Dependable software featuring regular updates
- Plug-ins support a broad palate of functions and product uses
- 8-Core 2.4GHz Intel CPU with AES-NI
- 16GB DDR3 with ECC standard, 32GB upgrade optional
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Port, Dual-Port 10Gb upgrade optional
- Dedicated RJ-45 IPMI Port (Remote Hardware Management)
- 4 x SATA 3.5″ Hot-Swappable Drive Bays
- 2 x SATA 2.5″ Internal Drive Bays
- 100V to 240V AC, 50/60Hz
- RAID-Z1 (RAID 5), RAID-Z2 (RAID 6), ZFS Mirror (RAID 10), ZFS Stripe ZFS RAID Engine
- Desktop form factor, four storage drives, capacities up to 24TB, and a super quiet design. Speed up your workflow by adding internal caching SSDs.
- Unified SAN and NAS design with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for maximum throughput. Dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports can be added.
- The FreeNAS Mini is based on FreeNAS, the World’s #1 Software-Defined Storage platform. Enjoy a robust and growing list of plugins for every use.
- Performance-oriented design with enterprise-grade hardware for high reliability, maximum throughput and IOPs, and low latency.
- Ideal for file sharing and storage, media processing and distribution, backups, home surveillance video, and other SoHo/SMB applications.